Hiding Our Sin From God

 


Scripture: Genesis 3:8-10 (NIV)

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

10 He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so, I hid.”

Devotion:

            Adam and Eve knew they had sinned from the first moment they partook of the fruit of the forbidden tree. So, when they heard God walking in the garden calling for them, they went and hid themselves as best they could. God found them anyway, God always does. Hear now the words from Psalm 139 (ESV)

          Where shall I go from your Spirit?

Or where shall I flee from your presence?

                      If I ascend to heaven, you are there!

If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!

                      If I take the wings of the morning

and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,

            10          even there your hand shall lead me,

and your right hand shall hold me.

            11          If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,

and the light about me be night,”

            12          even the darkness is not dark to you;

the night is bright as the day,

for darkness is as light with you.

 

            Our God will always find us when we hide from him. Especially, when we try to hide our sins from him. I have heard testimony from many who sought to hide their sins from God. God always pursued them until he captured them with his grace and love. Some people perhaps do escape God’s pursuit by taking their own life. However, even these people find God waiting for them on the other side of the veil of death and they have to deal with their sins then with no place to hide.

            What secret sins are we trying to hide from God? There is no reason to try to hide them any longer. You see God already knows about our sins and is ready and willing to forgive them. One need only to confess and repent of our secret sins and God will forgive them hear God’s promise from 1 John 1:9 (NRSV) “If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

            Let us take this time to confess and receive forgiveness:

            Dear Lord, we come before you as your children confessing our secret sins and asking for forgiveness that you have promised us. We promise to repent and confess all sins from now on as soon as we fall into sin. We praise you that you are a God who is full of steadfast love for us no matter what we get into you are always there to rescue us when we turn to you for help. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter