God Knows Us


Scripture: Psalm 139: 13-18 (NIV)

13 For you created my inmost being;

you knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you

when I was made in the secret place,

when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;

all the days ordained for me were written in your book

before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, God!

How vast is the sum of them!

18 Were I to count them,

they would outnumber the grains of sand—

when I awake, I am still with you.

 

Devotion:

 

            The psalm I have chosen for today’s scripture reading is inspiring. I urge you to take out your Bibles and read the whole psalm today if you get the chance. David, the psalmist, writes about how much God cares for us. Every person is made from conception in the womb to be a unique child of God. All of us as humans do many things to mar the original design the Father had in mind for us. We simply ignore our makers' intentions by the way we live our lives and the choices we make.

 

            We need to recover and conserve what was originally given to us in the womb. It is simply a shame that we are so arrogant and presumptive as to think we can change God’s original design for the better. We are such sinful creatures there would be no hope for us if it were not for God’s forgiving and redeeming ways. God created each one of us to be an individual person. The very DNA code with which our bodies are constructed has never been used before and will never be used again.

 

            Let us then praise our maker. Let us celebrate who we are and pray that God will show us what he intends us to be. God knows everything that we were, are, and will ever be. God intends us to live according to his laws and decrees, we too easily reject that plan and go our own way. But, even in our rebellion against God, he is merciful and uses everything that we do good or evil, to further his plan for us. We do nothing that ever surprises God or distracts him from his purposes for us.

 

Prayer:

 

            Heavenly Father, we come before your throne to praise you for who you created us to be. Help us lean into that original plan of yours. May we seek to live, indwelt by your son, and inspired by your Holy Spirit to live our lives for your glory. Lord, help us to celebrate who we are and desire to understand who you meant us to be. Teach us, O Lord, to follow your path for our lives. Help us to know that you will love us no matter what we do or say. Blessed be the Lord. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter