Evening Prayer

 

Let us join our hearts and souls together as one as we pray at the end of this day. Let us pray together from Psalm 139:1-12        

1           O LORD, you have searched me and known me.

2      You know when I sit down and when I rise up;

    you discern my thoughts from far away.

    3      You search out my path and my lying down,

    and are acquainted with all my ways.

    4      Even before a word is on my tongue,

    O LORD, you know it completely.

    5      You hem me in, behind and before,

    and lay your hand upon me.

    6      Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;

    it is so high that I cannot attain it.

 

    7      Where can I go from your spirit?

    Or where can I flee from your presence?

    8      If I ascend to heaven, you are there;

    if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.

    9      If I take the wings of the morning

    and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,

    10      even there your hand shall lead me,

    and your right hand shall hold me fast.

    11      If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,

    and the light around me become night,”

    12      even the darkness is not dark to you;

    the night is as bright as the day,

    for darkness is as light to you.

 

Let us pray:

          Day dies away, yet your light shines on in the darkness, as we pray at the ending of this day, bring our work to a close, and prepare us for rest and peace at the last.

 

Heal this world, O Lord, cure the warring madness of the nations

          Bring peace to the earth and place all the nations under the feet of Christ

Heal this nation, O Lord, bring an end to power seeking struggles

Give to our leaders a servant heart that they may bring the people to live together in harmony.

Heal our churches, O Lord, may we speak with one voice to this world

          May we speak of living in unity with one another as one Body of Christ.

Heal our lives, O Lord, that we may learn to love you with all of our strength

          And teach us Lord how to love our neighbor as we love ourselves.

 

Thank you, O Lord, for all the blessings of the day that is passing away

          Lead us in paths of peace and rest to prepare us for the new day ahead Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter