Thanksgiving Week 1


A Month of Thanksgiving Week One

 

Scripture: John 1:1–5 (NRSV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being in him was life, and the life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it.

 

Meditation:

            November 28 is Thanksgiving this year. A day for people of all kinds to reflect over the past year and thank God for the blessings they have enjoyed during the past 12 months. In that spirit I am writing about the things I am most grateful for during the next year. I hope these meditations encourage you to reflect and give thanks in your own way.

            One thing I am grateful for at this time is the creative passion I see in the beauty all around me. God has caused all things to come into being and has given me my five senses that I may enjoy all of creation. I am always in awe of the seasons as they change. I am especially thankful for the fall colors we have had this year. And this morning’s sunrise was fantastic.

            During this year I have had to live in some difficult circumstances, but I am grateful that God always provided a roof over my head and food on my table. I give thanks for all the good things that came my way during the course of this year. I especially give thanks that my mental health has improved so much this year.

 

Prayer:

Thank you God. You are a marvelous God and greatly to be praised. You spin the stars and planets into their proper courses. Yet you stoop down to hear and answer the prayers of your imperfect human creatures. We worship you; we give you thanks because you are always present with us. We love you God, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter