Pray for One Another


Scripture: 1 Samuel 12:23-24 (ESV)

          Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and the right way. 24 Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart.

Devotion:

          These words are spoken by the prophet Samuel to the people of Israel. They mark his farewell address as leader of the people a responsibility he has, under the Lord’s direction, handed over to Saul Israel’s first king.

          These words are meant to comfort the people that although Samuel was no longer to be their leader, he would be with them for spiritual support. I believe that Samuel’s words still have meaning for us today. They are but a shadow of what Jesus would pray for us believers today. As we read here In John 17:20-21 (NLT):

 20 “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. 21 I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.”

          Jesus prayed for both his disciples present that night with him in the upper room and for those of us who have come to believe in him today. The Bible in Romans 8:34 tells us that Jesus still prays for us to the Father in heaven. Those who know the Lord should be comforted by the fact that we have an advocate in the very throne room of God at all times interceding on our behalf.

          How much more brothers and sisters should we pray for one another. We prove our love for Christ by our prayers for the family of faith. Let each of us give of ourselves in prayer for each other so that we may become a truly a church that shows forth your grace.

Let us pray to the Lord:

          Lord Jesus we come to pray today thanking you because you constantly pray for to your Father on our behalf. We rejoice that we have such a wonderful advocate in heaven. Teach us to imitate you here on earth as we pray for our fellow believers, those who not yet know you, and for our nation. May we be a people of prayer. May we learn to ask everything in your Holy Name. Amen.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter