God Always Provides

 


Scripture: 2 Corinthians 9:8 (NLT)

And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need, and plenty left over to share with others.

Devotion:

          Let us examine God’s providence. God has promised us to always supply our needs. You may not get everything you want, but you will always have what you truly need. God’s providence is not a topic we discuss much in church today. However, the Bible is full of examples of God moving to provide for his people.

          God provided for the nation of Israel many times. The peoples deliverance from slavery in Egypt is a prime example. Take some time and review Exodus chapter 4 thru 15. Even after their escape from Egypt God provided manna and water in the desert. The nation of Israel was provided for during all their wanderings in the wilderness.

          The Bible is full of God’s provision for His children both as a nation and as individuals. I could write pages and pages to tell the story of God’s provision. God’s provision didn’t end with the stories of the Bible. God still provides for people even today. Allow me to share a story from my own life that illustrate that God is still acting providentially even today.

          When I graduated from seminary, I had no place to live, and I was living on $330 per month. My cousin and his wife agreed to let me live rent free in his house until I got back on my feet. God provided me with a reduced rent apartment in Countryside Village. Money was tight but God always made sure I had food on my table and a roof over my head. I was even able to take in another cousin who had become homeless until he could get back on his feet. He had no income yet somehow there was always enough to eat and clothes on our backs.

          The Bible promises in numerous places to provide for us. Paul writing to the Philippians says “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. (NIV 4:19) So, let us rejoice in the fact that God always finds a way to meet our needs. We can trust that God will be faithful to his promises to take care of us.

          God who even provided for our salvation by sending Jesus to be for us a perfect offering that brings peace between God and us. Will God not provide for our spiritual, and physical needs? Indeed, he will because he is a generous and loving God. We must always give to God our worship and thanksgiving.

Prayer:

          O Mighty and Generous God we offer our sacrifice of praise to you right now. Thank you for always providing what we need for our physical, mental, and spiritual health. You alone are our true provider, redeemer, and hope of heaven. Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter