Sunday Evening Prayer

 

Welcome to Sunday Evening prayer. Let us begin by praying together selections from Psalm 27:

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall, I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? . . .

 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in his temple. For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; . . .

I will sing and make melody to the Lord. Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud; be gracious to me and answer me! . . .  Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path . . . I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord!

Let us pray:

          O Lord open thou our lips that our voices shall proclaim your praise!

O gracious Lord

          Pure brightness of our everlasting God in heaven

          O Jesus Christ, most holy and blessed,

          Now as we come to the setting of the sun.

          And our eyes behold the vesper light,

          We sing your praises, O God,

          Most holy and blessed Trinity      (adapted from Phos Hilaron 3rd century)

O Lord we know that this world is not as is should be,

Bring peace to the nations that rage and war against each other.

Let the leaders of the world be led in the paths of peace by your Holy Spirit.

Quiet, O Lord, the violence on the streets of this nation.

Show our national, state, and local leaders the way that leads to peace and harmony for the people of this country.

Shed your love abroad into the souls of your people who are called by your name, that we may be bringers of peace to everyone we meet.

Heal the sick, O Jesus, be with those who are facing death and lead them into eternal peace in your loving arms.

Give strength to those whose strength is failing, Bring peace of mind to those whose thoughts trouble them this day.

Lead all people to trust in your son for their salvation. Find your prodigal children lead them safely home to you.

Now O Lord, bless this church. Give all who lead her wisdom. Bring the lost and lonely souls into our doors that they may find direction and fellowship for life.

Help us to be a church that always ministers to those in need around us. May we be known as a church of amazing grace. Amen.

 

Have a blessed night and a Christ filled week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter