Mini Devotion for Good Friday


Mini Devotion for Good Friday
Psalm 118:24 (NRSV)
24 This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Meditation:
I went outside today and found a beautiful spring day. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and all I could think about was that the weatherperson had said that it was going to get colder again in a few days.
That’s when God smacked me upside the head and said today is the day I have made just for you. I wanted to make you happy but I guess nothing will make you happy. Sure it will be colder in a few days, it’ll be so hot you fry and egg on the sidewalk in July, and it will be freezing again in nine months. But you don’t know that you will live to see any of that do you? So rejoice in this day because I’ve given it to you to enjoy right now, right here.
As I reflected on this I thought about what Good Friday stands for. Jesus dying a humiliating death on a cross. I wondered how I was given the gift of enjoying a beautiful day when Jesus had to endure the cross. My thoughts ran to the cross where I realized what Jesus was doing. He was taking the pain and suffering that I had caused and making it into a beautiful day. Somehow in God’s economy of salvation Jesus had to die, so that you and I could live, forever, in a perfect relationship with each other and God.

Psalm 118:24 (NRSV)
24 This is the day that the Lord has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcoming the Unwelcome

Father Forgive Them

Transgenderism letter